Level IV Veterinary Nurse Job Listing Date: 21.07.2020
Location: Port Pirie, SA Work Type: Maternity Leave Contract (6-12 Months)
Classification: Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
YP Vets is seeking a passionate and motivated level IV Veterinary Nurse that delivers excellent practice and customer service standards.
About the role:
In this busy and exciting, hands-on role you will be helping with the smooth running of both the hospital and the customer service team at our YP Vets Port Pirie Clinic. Being responsible for answering client calls, booking appointments/surgeries, checking in patients, general office admin tasks, as well as all routine vet nurse procedures.
We are looking for a team member who desires to give the highest level of patient care and excellent support to our great vet team. You must possess outstanding customer service skills, positive and outgoing personality with a strong work ethic & ability to work as a team player.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- • Delivering personalised and dedicated client care to all patients and owners.
- • Caring for, handling and cleaning all animals and their cages.
- • Maintaining the overall hygiene of the practice, including surgical areas and equipment.
- • Undertaking general nursing tasks, including pre- and post-operative care, animal pathology and emergency and critical care.
- • Performing minor procedures when required.
- • Reception duties including being the first point of contact for clients, handling client enquiries in person and over the phone, scheduling appointments, managing client accounts, admitting and discharging patients.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and expertise:
- • Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing.
- • Previous experience working as a Veterinary Nurse essential.
- • Excellent animal handling skills.
- • An extensive knowledge and understanding of veterinary nursing procedures.
- • Exceptional organisation, communication, and customer service skills.
- • Flexible and adaptable within a team environment.
- • Current Drivers Licence Preferred.
YP Vets offers a supportive and positive culture, career growth and a great working environment. We are looking for someone who can make a real difference. Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Jeni Poole, YP Vets Practice Manager